[SGVLUG] Does anyone know someone important at JPL or Cal Tech for a 15 hour Intership ? VERY URGENT!

Dustin Laurence dustin at laurences.net
Fri Oct 13 14:32:36 PDT 2006

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 12:57:00PM -0700, Claude Felizardo wrote:

> I work at the Michelson Science Center at Caltech and I asked around
> and there may be something available but they were wondering about the
> 15 hours.  That doesn't really allow for much time to do anything
> except maybe follow a scientist around for a few days.  If not at
> Caltech, there might be something at JPL as well.  Please contact me
> off list.

It's not much time.

The thing to understand about Caltech is that they are not a normal
school at all.  They just don't do general education.  They focus pretty
much exclusively on training the best and brightest techies in the
world.  The few humanities undergrads there have to take calculus and
calculus-based physics, if that tells you anything.

That is why I asked about the purpose of the internship--it's a lot
easier to get someone at Caltech interested in helping a bright,
motivated, and gifted young scientist, because they were all one once.
I'm not saying that other things can't happen, but that is the ideal
situation.

For the right person it's the best thing that could happen to them.

Dustin