[SGVLUG] Xgl/3Ddesktop with dual monitors

Michael Proctor-Smith mproctor13 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 13:12:13 PDT 2006

On 10/12/06, Dustin Laurence <dustin at laurences.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 12:59:58PM -0700, Michael Proctor-Smith wrote:
> >
> > No you were clear and the answer is xinerama and hardware acceleration
> > 3d do not mix without nvidia binary drivers.
>
> IIRC the proprietary drivers have another dual-head option all their
> own, which may be better (or at least better accelerated).

Yes but they do have special xinerama as well, which can work across
cards as well as on the same multi-output card. Which is cool I did
that last year at SCALE where I had hardware accelerated 3d on three
monitors on two physical cards, using xinerama.

Oh and to claify Xgl/3D desktop requires hardware accelerated 3d
inorder of fuction that is why when you enable xinerama Xgl is
disabled.