[SGVLUG] Re: Yes Solomon! U can B our Nxt speaker

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 14:49:18 PDT 2006

On 10/4/06, Solomon K. Chang <skevin521 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ouch! October 12th?  That's as short a notice I've almost ever gotten.  It normally
> takes me a couple of weeks to write up a handout (which is often more pages than most
> high school weekly essays), but short notice is acceptable if I were to repeat the
> Entry-Level MySQL Replication talk I just barely gave last week at LAMPSIG, mayhap for
> the benefit of those of you who couldn't drive out to West Los Angeles...  I might
> piece together the advanced MySQL replication talk I've been promising to my more
> advanced attendees, but first I'd like to get a general idea of SGVLUG members' overall
> level of MySQL experience before I do.  RSVPASAP.
>
> Solomon Chang
> Database Administrator
> PriceGrabber.com

Put me down as intermediate so I'd like to see some advanced stuff.  I
usually use phpMyAdmin and have written some simple scripts for
backups and stuff but nothing elaborate.   I use mysql at home for
storing data from my weather station and home maintenance (like the
last time I changed a light bulb in each fixture or had the main
sewage line cleaned).   Prototyped some stuff at work but nothing
currently still in use.  Last application was replaced with Oracle
which was overkill in my opinion.  My guess is someone had some money
burning a hole in a pocket.