[SGVLUG] Need a decrepit laptop

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Tue Oct 3 16:45:07 PDT 2006

> -----Original Message----- Of Dustin Laurence
>
> OK, I finally bought that VW diesel.  [...] I don't want
> to like the laptop enough to
> hesitate using it with greasy fingers. :-)

Although perhaps more than the laptop itself would be worth, here is
another alternative:

http://www.ikey.com/product-detail.aspx?product_id=160&product_name=SLIM
KEY-MD&category_name=Desktop%20Keyboards&product_description=Our%20New%2
0Waterproof,%20Medical%20Keyboard/Pointing%20Device

(in short, a waterproof keyboard; targeted to healthcare as it can be
"wiped down" with disinfectants and germicidal wipes...")

They also have a complete category entitled "intrinsically safe /
non-incendive" (means it won't cause a fire?):

http://www.ikey.com/products.aspx?category_name=Intrinsically%20Safe%20a
nd%20Non-Incendive%20Peripherals

Or you can check out these "nema 4" compliant keyboards from a different
manufacturer:

http://www.electronickeyboards.com/nema-4-keyboards.html

(most prices on this page center around $250 for the keyboard itself)

Or these guys with an "IP68" standards-compliant keyboard (fully
immersable in the disinfectant of your choice...)

http://www.indukey.com/content/featured_prod.html

These are the first few non-sponsered results of my search for
'industrial keyboards'