[SGVLUG] [SEMI-PLUG] V for Vendetta (was: CAcert Web of Trust?)

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Thu Mar 30 09:41:49 PST 2006

[Even though the connection between where I work in "Warner home video"
and the recently released Warner Brothers film "V for Vendetta" is
tenuous, I suppose I should still say this is a bit of a "plug" -- I'll
counter that I haven't seen the movie yet, though I think I'd like to
see it, and in reality I'll probably forget to go anyway -- there, that
is out of the way :) ]

The boring plug-like details about this is that it is a film produced by
the Wachowski brothers [they did "the Matrix"...], is based upon a
"graphic novel" [comic book for adults] of the same name written by the
same guy who wrote "the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" (and, I
think, "The Watchmen")

> How is it suggested by this thread?

To answer that, I've copied the synopsis from the website:

     "Set against the futuristic landscape of totalitarian Britain, V
For
      Vendetta tells the story of a mild-mannered young woman named Evey
     (NATALIE PORTMAN) who is rescued from a life-and-death situation by
      masked man (HUGO WEAVING) known only as "V." Incomparably
charismatic
      and ferociously skilled in the art of combat and deception, V
ignites
      a revolution when he urges his fellow citizens to rise up against
      tyranny and oppression. As Evey uncovers the truth about V's
mysterious
      background, she also discovers the truth about herself - and
emerges as
      his unlikely ally in the culmination of his plan to bring freedom
and
      justice back to a society fraught with cruelty and corruption."

The website -ALSO- includes some background information on "Guy Fawkes"
-- you can draw your own conclusions from that fact...