[SGVLUG] Who wants to be the President... (was ProofofLUGmembership])

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Wed Mar 29 15:42:13 PST 2006

I had thought about suggesting a shared responsibility, such as three
people entrusted with 2/3'rds of the passphrase each -- that way no
single person could make claims on behalf of "the group", but at the
same time should one of the "keyholders" leave or otherwise be
unavailable, we wouldn't be stranded. (though, of course, we could
"escrow" each section of the key in a sealed envelope, but at that point
we'd have a more formal security/certification process in place than we
would have of "structure to the group as a whole..." which is just
ironic...)

However, it sounds like perhaps someone is willing to take on this
responsibility, which for our group is usually about all we need... ;)