[SGVLUG] What *is* our secret handshake, anyway?

Dustin Laurence dustin at dogbert.laurences.net
Tue Mar 28 19:05:40 PST 2006

On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 06:57:14PM -0800, Dustin Laurence wrote:
> I was thinking of registering for the Desktop Linux summit in San Diego
> and noticed that while the LUG price is deeply discounted, you need
> "proof of user group membership."  Hmm.  What could possibly satisfy
> that, anyway?

As a follow-up, the closest thing I can see to making this possible
would be to have a LUG PGP key.  That isn't important for Desktop Linux
(they're going to have to deal with the issue for all the other LUGs
anyway), but it's an interesting idea.  That's one way to increase the
old trust web....

Dustin