[SGVLUG] OpenSSH sftp and rssh

James Neff jneff at tethyshealth.com
Mon Mar 27 10:11:49 PST 2006

Emerson, Tom wrote:

> [...]
Thanks for the reply Tom.  I should have been clearer in my description
but I'm rather frustrated by this at the moment.

The sFTP services work by themselves just fine.  I can login and
transfer files using an sFTP client.  My problem is when I try to chroot
it (either with rssh or the chroot patch for OpenSSH).  I cannot connect
when I follow any of the instructions that I've seen so far.  If I go
back to plain 'ole sFTP without trying to jail the user then it does
work.  But I want to be able to restrict the user to their home directory.

Anyone have any experiences with this?

Are there commercial sFTP servers out there for Linux?  I've found
plenty of Windows servers.

--

James Neff