[SGVLUG] CAcert Web of Trust?

Jeff Keys jskeys at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 20:44:10 PST 2006

> > I heard they registered/verified people at SCALE... Anyone in SGVLUG?
>
> It was kind of late-notice, so I don't know if anyone from our group
> managed to get a cert prepared in time to get "assured" at SCALE, but on
> the cacert webpage, "find assurers" within 50km reports someone from
> OCLUG is doing this [sorry, I've closed the page already]  Within 10km
> of L.A./Burbank/La Crescenta, there are about three people listed.  If
> you, I, and/or others take the time to get a cert and get it "assured"
> by the next meeting, we could start a small hub-of-assurance
> ourselves...

I  didn't know about it until I got there,  but I did become an assurer at
SCALE. I listed myself today; you will now see me llisted as "Jeffrey K"
when you click "find assurers" within 50km of Pasadena. I wanted to add this
to the GPG key signing last week, but I was out of town and couldn't make
the meeting. I should be there in April.

Jeff