[SGVLUG] Donated to Debian

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Mon Mar 13 10:48:55 PST 2006

As the group has no "treasury", donations are a bit problematic -- we'd
need to actually "organize" as a formal group, create bylaws, elect
officials, and a few other things to ultimately apply for 503.c status
[for an exemption from taxes]  Otherwise "someone" might be considered
liable for a little side income :(

I could be wrong, but so far this group has not indicated a desire to
pursue this level of conformity to the rest of the world.