[SGVLUG] Help Treating Memory Leak

Alex Roston tungtung at pacbell.net
Thu Mar 9 10:26:09 PST 2006

I'm currently writing an application which appears to have a nasty
memory leak. If I run it for an hour or two it will happly increase the
memory used by 10-20 megabytes, at least as "top" measures things. Can
anyone suggest a program which will accurately track memory use by a
single application as it's running? "Top" shows me the memory the system
is using, and the memory the program SHOULD BE using, but it's not
giving me a definitive answer about what my application is doing with
memory, or whether the problem is some other part of the system, or
perhaps me test program...

Thanks,

Alex