[SGVLUG] AOL phights phish...

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Fri Mar 3 14:55:52 PST 2006

Got a self-promoting e-mail in my inbasket today:

http://www.timewarner.com/corp/newsroom/pr/0,20812,1168333,00.html

one line made me giggle a bit, "... According to the lawsuits, these phishing groups used vast resources and creativity to intricately design hundreds and hundreds of fake websites to mislead consumers. AOL has stored tens of thousands of examples of phish emails transmitted by these gangs. "

Only "tens of thousands" of example e-mails?  I think I have that in *my* own inbasket at home!  (though I suppose "hundreds of millions of examples" would sound like grandstanding...)