[SGVLUG] What do people think about video taping SGVLUG meetings?

Alan Horn ahorn at deorth.org
Mon Feb 27 18:32:51 PST 2006

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006, Emerson, Tom wrote:

> Seriously, though, I have in the past arranged to tape a presenter or
>two, but the big hurdle ends up being "getting it out" to those that
>might be interested (after all, taping is the fun part...)  As I pointed
>out above, Frank streams this live, so that covers the initial demand for
>the video.  I don't know if or how he archives the presentations, so that
>might be something to consider.  (though as Mike pointed out,
>video.google might just do the trick)

BayLISA (www.baylisa.org) record meetings on a video camera containing a
hard drive, so it's laid down directly as an mpeg-4 format, and the data
is then uploaded to video.google.com for the members to watch as and when
they choose. video.google.com is a convenient conduit for those, tho the
quality isn't great it will do for now.

Formerly we put stuff to super-8, but the conversion process to online was
more effort than anyone liked. The HD camera works very well.

As far as reducing attendance, if anything BayLISA attendance has been
steadily rising for a while, so I don't see a negative impact.

Cheers,

Al