[SGVLUG] OT: Hybrid efficiency (was:New Linux Lug)

Michael Proctor-Smith mproctor13 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 12:37:18 PST 2006

I had tried to keep out out this thread but I have been sucked in.

The problem with using turbine in Locomotives is that the diesel
piston engine have already been optimized for efficiency as they are
diesel electrics, and diesel piston engines are a very old technology
hence well developed technology when compared to diesel turbines.

On 2/21/06, Emerson, Tom <Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com> wrote:
> and how about 180 mpg?
> http://blogs.motorbiker.org/blogs.nsf/dx/07152003163601MIKK5L.htm

I really want one of those motorcycles, but the company has little or
no info on the website, seems like it was a project to show off their
motors.