[SGVLUG] Dustin: where's your key?

Dustin Laurence dustin at dogbert.laurences.net
Thu Feb 16 15:48:54 PST 2006

On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 03:25:48PM -0800, Emerson, Tom wrote:

> Now that you are signing (and even flagging) messages, where do I go
> to get your "public" key?  I've tried a couple of public keyservers,
> but found nothing (though I presume you simply haven't taken the step
> of posting it yet...)

Mmm, I thought I might have, but I guess I just set it to download
other's keys.  Bad manners, an I probably shouldn't have been signing
messages that way.  Well, it was a test key, I actually should create a
"real" key (i.e. one that doesn't say "this is a test" :-).

I'll put it on the MIT keyserver.

> Surprisingly, in my searching I found an "old" key for myself -- one
> that I forgot that I had (and as I suspect I no longer have the
> "secret" part of the key anyway, I cannot delete nor revoke it :(  )

I guess that's why one of Phil Dibowitz's bits of advice is to generate
and save a revocation certification at the same time you create a key.
:-)

Dustin