[SGVLUG] New Linux Lug

David Lawyer dave at lafn.org
Thu Feb 16 13:33:01 PST 2006

On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 11:04:21AM -0800, Michael Proctor-Smith wrote:
> Guys lets all be nice here Troy a.k.a the guy who is starting freaks4linux.
>
> He wants a "newbie" group that will do hands on projects. He is not
> looking to have a monthly speaker. The two groups complement each
> other if you think about it. Think of it as the rebirth of the
> defunked newbie-sig that sgvlug used to have.

But I'm concerned about us wasting energy (fossil fuels) and want to
see more new LUGs that don't complement other LUGS and are located so
as to minimize commute distances to get to meetings.  In other words, I
think that Azusa (Best city from A to Z in the USA = AZUSA) should
have a "full service" LUG.

That brings up another idea.  Should sgvlug try to get people to start
new LUGS in adjacent areas?  Someone once tried to start one in Glendale
but didn't succeed.

			David Lawyer