[SGVLUG] Perhaps powweb?

Robert mrflash818 at geophile.net
Fri Feb 10 09:29:51 PST 2006

Greetings,

> I currently have a reseller hosting account @ Kionic, but during the
> holidays,
> they had a nasty server disaster and were unable to recover the email,
> databases, or html/php files for any of the sites that I have hosted
> there.
> Needless to say, I will no longer be using their service, as soon as I can
> find
> an alternative.

I use powweb.com myself (about $8/month). Never had anything negative
happen. They have the usual LAMP support, and 1GB of filesystem for that
price. I don't use it for more than the family vanity web site however.

> I'd prefer to have a dedicated server or co-location plan, but that is
> much more
> pricey than it's worth (for these sites).
>
> I need a dedicated server to run a spider/web crawler application that I
> have
> developed using PHP5, and shared/virtual hosting plans would not allow
> this
> type of activity.

Ah, then I am not sure if powweb.com would be good for you, as I do not
know how they would like spydering either.

--
"Knowledge is Power" -- Francis Bacon

Robert Leyva
mrflash818 at geophile.net