[SGVLUG] SBC (Residential) Static-IP DSL Plans??

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Thu Feb 9 12:00:54 PST 2006

I forgot to mention: SBC [aka pacbell, yahoo, and a bunch of other passed-around ISP names] will set you up on their DNS server "for a fee" [$100], and charge you again any time you want to make a change [$50]

For typical home/consumer use, that is probably more that most are willing to pay, but for a business, probably "right in line" with what it would cost to do it internally [figure administrative time, hardware, management, etc.]