[SGVLUG] Burning laptop anyone?

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Wed Aug 30 10:07:03 PDT 2006

> -----Original Message----- Of Sean O'Donnell
> I have a ProStar 3724 Laptop and it gets really hot. ...
> The laptop itself does get pretty hot, and I'd like to have
> kids some day, so I don't dare use it on my lap w/out a
> pillow, but when I put it on a pillow, or on my bed even, it
> traps the heat as they were saying, and gets 'really' hot.
[...]
> I've heard of things like: 'don't use it on your lap if you
> want to have kids, it will sterilize your sperm from the
> heat'

That's a new one to me...  [but as I recall, that resource is being
constantly replenished -- maybe it could become a form of birth control
with questionable reliability, but that is /very/ off-topic for this
list ;) ]

> Although, with the amount of heat my laptop gives off, it
> doesn't surprise me. ...

My story of laptops and heat has to do with the time I took this down to
the local coffee shop -- after sitting for three hours, I was mildy
surprised to find my coffee was still "hot", then it hit me: I had
placed my cup of coffee in the path of the exhaust from the fan!  (and
to think they now make a coffee-cup warmer that plugs into the USB port
for power...)