[SGVLUG] recommendation for booting USB drive

Jean Chen narsil at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 19:50:51 PDT 2006

On 8/28/06, Claude Felizardo <cafelizardo at gmail.com> wrote:
> staples
> had a Memorex 512 MB drive for $15 and a 1 GB drive for $25, NO
> REBATES!

The price of thumb drives is really coming down!  SD cards too.  I got
a 1 GB SD card for just $32 and I was amazed until I noticed all the
prices are coming down.

This is a little related: for a long time ThinkGeek sold a media
card-USB adapter in the form of a thumb drive.  It was (still is)
$14.99 but Office Depot is selling the same one for $9.99, at least in
Chicago.

Jean

--
"Optimism can make you look stupid, but cynicism always makes you look
cynical." -Calum Fisher