[SGVLUG] What kind of talks do you want to hear?

Dustin Laurence dustin at laurences.net
Mon Aug 28 18:34:49 PDT 2006

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 05:32:25PM -0700, Emerson, Tom wrote:

> I would imagine, with /proper/ advance notice, and getting a few of our
> own members who might jump at the chance for a public "debate", we could
> nearly guarantee a "packed house".  His schedule, of course, would be a
> deciding factor, but I think we could work with whatever it may be... ;)

Hmm, we could consider letting it grow larger than us.  I wonder how
many people we could get if we went in with the other LUGs and made it a
SoCal event?  And where we'd rent the space and how much *that* would
cost?

It would be cool if we could convince a university to host it, but you'd
have to know who to pitch it to or it would be more expensive than just
going to a hotel.

I bet Linspire would send someone to argue on ESR's side.  They have
real skin in this game.

BTW, if we do this it would probably need to start with a presentation
by ESR, since there is no point in having a big argument about something
half the audience doesn't really know about.

Dustin, still disturbed by the thought of open-source people in pro
        wrestling gear