[SGVLUG] Procmail logging

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Tue Aug 22 17:45:12 PDT 2006

I have in my .procmailrc file the lines

   PROCMAILDIR=$HOME/.procmail
   LOG=$PROCMAILDIR/pmlog
   LOGABSTRACT=all
   VERBOSE=yes

However the "pmlog" file doesn't appear to be being written (it exists,
but with a zero bytecount)

What might I be overlooking?

(the system is also using postfix & spamassassin; arranged so that
incoming mail passed to spamassassin, which in turn re-mails it to port
10025 which postfix realizes means "deliver locally using procmail")

/var/log/mail dutifully shows that it is passing things to procmail:

Aug 22 17:01:20 osnut postfix/local[13495]: F23D1B78:
to=<tom at localhost.homelinux.net>, relay=local, delay=1, status=sent
("|/usr/bin/procmail -f- -a "$USER"")

And I know procmail is indeed picking up "my" .procmailrc file (as it
has various "recipies" to sort mail, and they are working)

Do I need to open up permissions on pmlog?  [thinking that perhaps the
"process" that is running procmail is not "me"]  (currently rw-r--r--)

Tom Emerson
818-977-8828