[SGVLUG] Re: Speaker for August

Matthew Gallizzi matthew.gallizzi at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 15:19:20 PDT 2006

Erik,

How about...

Hello! The San Gabriel Valley Linux Users Group is extending a warm welcome
to all people interested in Linux or even the IT industry in general. This
group meets every second Thursday of the month at a room at CalTech. This is
a great place for social networking, learning about the new fads in the
industry and linux, and a lot more. Meetings are from 7pm to 9pm, and
afterwards, some of the guys meet a local burger joint _________ (I forget
the name) and have a good time over some dinner and drinks.

Here is a description of the speaker for August 10th:
Kerry Garrison, the IT Director for Tech Data Pros, an Orange County IT and
Telephony provider, will be on hand to discuss the current state of
Linux-based IP PBX systems and how Asterisk Open Source PBX is making
inrounds into businesses of all shapes and sizes. Also, Kerry will demo
TrixBox, a CentOS based distro with automatic installation of Asterisk and
the FreePBX web interface that allows you to get a complete phone system up
and running in about an hour.

<snippet of what Erik has valued in the LUG here>

Someone else could hack this up .. it's a start :)

Matti,

Yeah, I still plan on touching basis with him. He is AWOL and I don't want
to wait last minute to find another speaker so I got Kerry on board. He
might be at defcon still, I think it's still going on. And no problem about
getting this speaker :) It is a pleasure to help out the group.

--
Matthew Gallizzi