[SGVLUG] linux cluster redo

jmd jmd8800 at charter.net
Sun Aug 6 08:43:42 PDT 2006

On Aug 5, 2006, at 11:54 PM, Claude Felizardo wrote:

> September issue of Linux Journal showed up in the mail today.  Feature
> articles include:
>
> "Clustering Is Not Rocket Science" -- Want to compute rocket science
> without having to be a rocket science?
>
> "Getting Started with Condor" -- Computers of different feathers can
> flock together with Condor.
>
> "DRBD In A Heartbeat" -- build a good redundant system to prevent
> downtime.
>
> "Mainstream Parallel Programming" -- Get a Beowulf cluster running
> without having to fight off Grendel.
>
> http://linuxjournal.com/
>
> Haven't had a chance to look at anything yet...

thanks claude. an early morning trip to barnes and noble (hopefully
not frys) and i'll pick up a copy. i used to subscribe to linux
journal for years. 1998 or so until i canceled it in 2001.

i did dig around a couple of linux websites this morning and found
some interesting references to some of my questions. last spring i
bought the Oreilly book *high performance linux clusters*, but it
seems the magazine articles take it to a bit deeper level and are
really more time sensitive. that book was written in 2004 and a lot
has changed.

jeff