[SGVLUG] introduction

Don Saxton dsaxton at pacbell.net
Fri Aug 4 08:26:23 PDT 2006

In college I was a member of a pretty loose frat - more of a service
org.  One year when it seemed interest seemed lagging, I decided to try
initiation as a way to cement the bonds  -- nothing physical (not even
tar or towing).  Instead it used the new members fear and uncertainty --
probably worse. I learned two things: first it was a colossally dumb
idea and second that people just naturally want to belong in spite of my
dumb ideas. Really nothing new here in net land. It's the inclusive
groups that grow.

Welcome Florida Chapter!