[SGVLUG] Initiation ceremony - additional info

Dennis Birney DennisBirney at msn.com
Thu Aug 3 17:07:19 PDT 2006

> -----Original Message----- Of Dustin Laurence
>
> On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 03:33:36PM -0400, James Neff wrote:
> >
> >    Darn,  and  I  was  looking  forward to an elaborate,
> but embarrassing
> >    initiation  ceremony.
>
> Hmm, what about an adaptation of the sailor's "crossing the
> line" ceremony?

Beginning as a lowly, slimy pollywog aboard the U.S.S. Kittyhawk and having
been initiated into the solemn mysteries of the Ancient Order of the Deep
and will be known hereafter as a Trusty Shellback, with the appropriate
paperwork for substantiation, I, perhaps could be of some assistance with
suggestions for the "ceremony."  I had the distinct "pleasure" of meeting
King Neptune, his Queen, the Royal Doctor, the Royal Dentist, the Royal
Baby, and the Devil. Oh, also, there is NO rank during the "ceremony";
commissioned and non-commisioned had no meaning!

Dennis