[SGVLUG] Slack in 16 Mb

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 18:15:07 PDT 2005

On 10/25/05, Dustin <laurence at alice.caltech.edu> wrote:
> I was swapping memory in and out of my Pentium Firewall box to see what I
> had in the bag, and discovered that Slack 10.1 (cli only, no X)  boots
> just fine in 16 Mb.  I thought modern systems needed more than
> that--maybe only for X I guess.
>
> Now if I could only figure out why it can't boot with all four slots
> filled....
>
> Dustin

Check out Crucial's website,  http: // www.crucial.com

they have a step-by-step guide to help you find out what kind of
memory you need.  You search by computer vendor or motherboard maker,
etc.  I've used it to figure out what kind of memory I need for old
computers.

oops, watch out for flash on their site.