[SGVLUG] Writing CD's -- what media do you recommend?

Tom Emerson osnut at pacbell.net
Wed Oct 12 13:18:30 PDT 2005

After getting a "great deal" on a 100-pack at Fry's last night, I got home to
find that the Sony dual-layer drive doesn't seem to recognize Memorex either
[which is odd because it sees the smaller 3-inch CD's just fine]  For DVD
media, it recognizes the Memorex media, so I can bring copies of the 64-bit
install of SuSE 10.0

So, am I just banging my head against the wall, or is it that the sony drive
is "very picky" about CD media?  If so, what brand/style/etc. do you
recommend or have had success with in the past?  [note: the memorex's work
just fine in my laptop's drive, but this writes at 4x, so it's taking a while
-- plus, I don't have enough "space" on my system for all the disks at the
moment...]