[SGVLUG] Cool Tools -- any volunteers? (or suggestions)

Dustin laurence at alice.caltech.edu
Tue Oct 4 11:54:01 PDT 2005

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005, Emerson, Tom wrote:

> subject pretty much says it -- do we have a volunteer this month to talk
> about some nifty tool or utility that they use to manage or maintain
> their system?  How about an interesting game or other amusement?

I was thinking of MondoRescue.  I haven't done one for a while, and that
would also force me to clean up my script for the person who asked
earlier....

> I've recently found something that looks promising, but I don't have
> enough "experience" with it to give it a suitable presentation (and I
> don't think being only three paragraphs ahead of my audience in the
> manual is going to help much ;) )

Fair enough, though the "cool tools" slot only allows the presentation of
about three paragraphs anyway. :-)

> "tool" I'll be showing, let me ask this: is there a utility or program
> that you use (or would like to use) but can't remember all the switches
> and parameters?

Aw, come on, you gave this away earlier.  We know what you're planning....

Dustin